Aquila Films is an Italian silent film production and distribution company based in Turin .
The company is founded in 1907 . It produces many crime or mystery films, promoting them in a sensational way, which quickly ensures its success. The company’s production is growing rapidly, from five films in 1907 to sixty-three in 1911 . Aquila Films has established strong relationships with foreign distributors, particularly in Great Britain and France , and as a result has enjoyed significant commercial success in foreign markets. Hard hit by the outbreak of the First World War, which closed many of its profitable export markets, it must cease trading in 1917 1 .
Among the directors who have worked extensively for the studio are Ernesto Maria Pasquali and Roberto Roberti , the father of Sergio Leone , who has directed several films with his wife, actress Bice Waleran , including the famous Indian Vampire , in 1913 , considered the first Italian western .
- 1907 : Maternal Dedication ( The Mamma ) of Ernesto Maria Pasquali
- 1907 : The Dynamators ( I dinamitardi ) of Ernesto Maria Pasquali
- 1908 : Nell’abisso
- 1907 : The Brettone Cavallina by Ernesto Maria Pasquali
- 1908 : Crime and Punishment ( Rimorso eterno )
- 1912 : Countess Lara ( The Contessa Lara ) by Roberto Roberti
- 1912 : The Mill that betrays ( The Ali tradiscono ) of Alberto Carlo Lolli
- 1912 : The Tower of Atonement ( The Torre dell’espiazione ) by Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : The Prison of Steel ( Prigione d’acciaio ) by Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : He suicida N. 359 of Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : The Fire of Redemption ( Il fuoco della redenzione ) by Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : Lightning ( The Folgore )
- 1913 : His Majesty the Blood ( Sua Maestà il sangue ) by Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : Crystal Ball of Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : The Indian Vampire ( The vampira indiana ) by Roberto Roberti
- 1913 : The Mystery of the Saint Martin Bridge (in Italian: The murder of Ponte S. Martin ) by Roberto Roberti .
- Ernesto Maria Pasquali
- Alberto Carlo Lolli
- Roberto Roberti
- Richard Abel, Encyclopedia of Early Cinema , Taylor & Francis, 2005
Notes and references
- ↑ Richard Abel, Encyclopedia of Early Cinema , Taylor & Francis, 2005, p.31