The Indian comedy concerns the comedy film produced in India (mainly by movie industry Bollywood and Kollywood ).
Start of Indian cinema
The first Indian films (in the form of silent films) date from the early 1920s.
Start musicals in the 1930s
Since Alam Ara (first soundtrack movie Indian), of Ardeshir Irani (1931) 1 , the country has produced and still produces the greatest musicals in the world is the India as most Indian films are musicals – Articulated around the almost unique theme of marriage. Generally long (three hours), they present frenetic and cheerful dances on rhythmic musics of the traditional or modern Indian repertoire, served by the backing tracks of great singers like Lata Mangeshkar , Asha Bhosle or Mohammed Rafi – for they are never the actors of the films that interpret the songs.
Outside the Indian domestic market, these films are broadcast all over the world and have a great success throughout the Maghreb .
From color to early comedy
In 1937, Ardeshir Irani made the first color film in Hindi , Kisan Kanya , followed by Mother India in 1938. Despite the success of these films, the color takes time to impose itself before the 1950s.
From the 1960s , melodramas gave way to romances and action films 2 with actors like Rajesh Khanna and Dharmendra . For example :
- the romantic comedy Mere Jeevan Saathi in 1972 ( Rajesh Khanna , Tanuja )
- the family comedy Joroo Ka Ghulam in 1972 ( Rajesh Khanna , Nanda)
In the period of the black films of the years 1970 – 1980 came out two comedies:
- Mr. Shome in 1969
- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro in 1983, a police comedy denouncing corruption in India.
Beginning of family comedies from the 1990s
After the black films of the years 1970 – 1980 , in the 1990s , romantic comedies and family take over as Hum Aapke Hain Koun …! (1994) and Dilwale Dulhania The Jayenge (1995) introduces a new generation of actors such as Aamir Khan , Salman Khan , Shahrukh Khan , Govinda, Nana Patekar , Sunil Shetty and Akshay Kumar and actresses such as Sridevi , Madhuri Dixit , Juhi Chawla , Kajol , Raveena Tandon, Manisha Koirala, Urmila Matondkar and Karishma Kapoor .
It should be noted that the musical and romantic Hum Aapke Hain Koun …! is one of the biggest hits of all time at the box office.
- Amitabh Bachchan is probably the most iconic actor of cinema Bollywood in the late xx th century . He has shot in more than 200 films.
Comedy of the years 2000 and 2010
The 2000s correspond to the globalization of Bollywood 3 which acquires the status of an international industry adopting Western technical standards.
In the years 2000 and 2010 , Bollywood has directed various comedy films:
|2004||Krazzy 4||Shahrukh Khan|
|2005||Bunty Aur Babli||Amitabh Bachchan · Abhishek Bachchan||It is inspired by the story of Bonnie and Clyde|
|2005||Neal’n ‘Nikki||Uday Chopra · Tanisha Mukherjee||Tanisha Mukherjee is the little sister of the famous Kajol .|
|2005||Shabd||Sanjay Dutt · Aishwarya Rai · Zayed Khan|
|2006||A name for another||Tabu · Irfan Khan · Kal Penn|
|2007||Heyy Babyy||Shahrukh Khan · Akshay Kumar||It’s a remake of Three men and a bassinet .|
|2008||Dostana||Abhishek Bachchan · John Abraham · Priyanka Chopra|
|2010||Housefull||Akshay Kumar · Deepika Padukone|
|2012||Bachchan Bowl||Ajay Devgan · Abhishek Bachchan|
|2014||Bewakoofiyaan||Rishi Kapoor · Sonam Kapoor|
|2015||Katti Batti||Imran Khan · Kangana Ranaut|
Musical and romantic comedy
In 2002 was produced by Sanjay Gadhvi Mother Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai , which is both a musical, and a romantic comedy ( Uday Chopra , Jimmy Shergill , Bipasha Basu and Tulip Joshi ). This is the remake of the American film The Marriage of My Best Friend .
In 2005 was directed by Siddharth Anand Salaam Namaste ( Saif Ali Khan , Preity Zinta ).
In 2002 was realized Devdas with Shahrukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai , which was a worldwide success. Moreover, this film won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2003 .
- Aishwarya Rai is the best-paid Bollywood actress like Kajol and Kareena Kapoor . She is also the best known Indian actress abroad as she appears in Indian productions , but also in American or Britishproductions 4 (she has for example played in the American romantic comedy Bollywood Coup de foudre in 2004, which is strongly inspired by Indian romantic comedy films).
In 2008, was directed by Jugal Hansraj , in the form of animation Roadside Romeo .
Kunal Kohli realized in the 2000s:
- Hum Tum ( Saif Ali Khan , Rani Mukerji ).
David Dhawan realized in 2004:
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi ( Akshay Kumar , Salman Khan , Priyanka Chopra ) which became the box office hit of the year 2004.
Jugal Hansraj has directed:
- in 2010 Pyaar Impossible! ( Priyanka Chopra , Uday Chopra ).
Shaad Ali realized:
- in 2005, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom ( Abhishek Bachchan , Preity Zinta ).
Aditya Chopra realized:
- in 2008, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ( Shahrukh Khan , Anushka Sharma ).
- in 2008, Bachna Ae Haseeno ( Ranbir Kapoor , Bipasha Basu ).
In the 2010s, Maneesh Sharma has produced various romantic comedy films:
- In 2010, Band Baaja Baaraat ( Anushka Sharma , Ranveer Singh ) on the theme of marriage.
- In 2011, Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl ( Ranveer Singh , Parineeti Chopra , Anushka Sharma ).
- In 2013, Shuddh Desi Romance ( Parineeti Chopra , Rajput Sushant Singh , Vaani Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor ).
Kunal Kohli directed in 2008 Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic ( Saif Ali Khan , Rani Mukherjee , Rishi Kapoor ).
Notes and references
- ↑ March 14, 1931, date of the release of Alam Ara , now defunct film, so is the formal beginning of the Indian film musical.
- ↑ http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/72209/Bollywood [ archive ]
- ↑ Bollywood and other cinemas [ archive ]
- ↑ ( en ) ” Biography of Aishwarya Rai on Closer Mag ” [ archive ] , (accessed August 19, 2010 )