Panaria Film is a film production company created in 1947 by Francesco Alliata (it) , Renzo Avanzo (it) and Fosco Maraini which lasted until 1956.
The Panaria Film is a film production company founded in Sicily in 1947 by the noble Sicilian Francesco Alliata Villafranca 1 . In 1946 Alliata decides with his cousin Quintino di Napoli and his friends Giovanni Mazza Pietro Moncada di Paternò, Renzo Avanzo and Fosco Maraini, to make a series of short films submarines 35 mm in the Aeolian Islands 2 , using old material recovered in the United States and modifying it to make it watertight. This innovative underwater shoot for the time is the world’s first 3 , 4 . The first shoot is Cacciatori sottomariniproduced by Francesco Alliata with the technical assistance of the underwater diver Giovanni Mazza. The films shot at the time remain unique for the documentary film archive and the adventure of the four entrepreneurs remains one of the remarkable pages of Italian cinema 5 .
Subsequently, Roberto Rossellini became interested in society and thus the activity of “Panaria Film” evolves towards the traditional cinema by producing among others the film Vulcano with Anna Magnani and The Golden Coach of Jean Renoir 6 always with Alda Magnani, producing one of the first color films of European cinema.
Documentary Scilla e Cariddi and Tonnara were rewarded at the Locarno Film Festival and the Venice Film Festival of 1948 5 and the Edinburgh International Film Festival in 1950 7 .
The company closes for economic reasons in 1956 8 .
A documentary was dedicated to Prince Alliata 9 .
- Cacciatori sottomarini
- Scilla e Cariddi
- Bianche Eolie
- Isole di cenere
- 1950 : Vulcano by William Dieterle
- 1952 : The Golden Coach of Jean Renoir
- 1952: At the tip of the sword (it) ( A fil di spada ) by Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia
- 1954 : Il segreto delle tre punte (it) of Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia
- 1954: Magic Village of Jean-Paul Le Chanois
- 1955 : Agguato sul mare of Pino Mercanti
Notes and references
- ( it ) This article is partially or entirely from the Wikipedia article in Italian entitled ” Panaria Film ” ( see the list of authors ) .
- ↑ ( it ) Orazio Leotta, ” If è pays to 95 years it principle Francesco Alliata di Villafranca, he pioniere delle riprese subacquee ” [ archive ] , on Gazzetta Jonica , (accessed March 2, 2017 ) .
- ↑ ( it ) ‘ ‘ I Ragazzi della Panaria Film ‘di storia del cinema pionieri quattro – the Repubblica.it ” [ archive ] , on Archivio – the Repubblica.it (accessed on 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ ( it ) ” Panaria Film – Festival Sicilia Ambiente ” [ archive ] , on festivalsiciliambiente.it (accessed on 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ ( it ) ” I gioielli movie della Panaria senza età dei pionieri Visionari – the Repubblica.it ” [ archive ] , on Archivio – the Repubblica.it (accessed on 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ a and b ( it ) ” Storia della FotoCinematografia Subacquea Italiana ” [ archive ] , on diveitaly.com (accessed on 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ ” Storia della FotoCinematografia Subacquea Italiana ” [ archive ] , on diveitaly.com (accessed on 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ ” Panaria film – A Sicilian historical cinematic experience ” [ archive ] , on Info Eolie , (accessed on 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ ( it ) Francesco Alliata ” Il Mediterraneo era il mio regno ” [ archive ] on Google Books , ( ISBN 8854511102 , accessed 1 st March 2017 ) .
- ↑ ( it ) ” Alliata Principle: a personal molto ricordo di Francesco Torre ” [ archive ] , on Carteggi Letterari – critica e dintorni – cultural periodical registro stampa trib. di messina protocollo 1099/2015 – iscrizione maggio 2015 , (accessed on1 st March 2017 ) .