Princess Ali ( Princess Ali ), sometimes named Princess Ali of Cairo , is an American film directed by William Kennedy Laurie Dickson , released in 1895 .
Synopsis or Argument
On the shelf of the first film studio , built by Thomas Edison in Orange, in New Jersey , Laurie Dickson, the first director of movies , records with Kinetograph a short performance of ” belly dancer ” Princess Ali, Member of the troupe of Barnum & Bailey Circus , accompanied by a bendir drummer and a Zorna blower in traditional Berber clothes (Amazigh).
- Original title: Princess Ali
- French title: Princesse Ali
- Other French title: Princess Ali of Cairo
- Directed by: William Kennedy Laurie Dickson
- Production: Edison Manufacturing Company
- Duration: 36 seconds
- Format: 35 mm , black and white, mute
- Country: United States
- Release date: 1895
- The dancer: “Princess Ali”