A cult replica is a famous and popular phrase from a fictional work , which is often cited, becoming cult .
The cult reply can be a favorite phrase if it is used more than once by its source. In general, a cult film often gives the opportunity to have cult replicas.
These replicas are the source of a sociological phenomenon of fashion, many people taking replicas, and sometimes divert them mainly in the field of humor and advertising [ref. necessary] .
Replicas cults theater
“But what the hell was he going to do in this galley? “
– Quote from Molière in Les Fourberies de Scapin .
“The little cat is dead. “
– Quote from Molière , Agnes in the School of Women , Act II, Scene 5.
“You have to eat to live and not live to eat. “
– Quote from Molière in L’Avare , taken from Socrates .
” Go, I do not hate you. “
– Quote from Crow in The Cid .
“I saw him, I blushed, I turned pale at his sight. “
– Quote from Racine in Phaedrus .
Some famous cult replicas at the cinema
- Gone with the wind
” Frankly, my dear, it’s the least of my worries – Frankly, my dear, I do not give a damn. “
– replica of Rhett Butler ( Clark Gable ) in Gone with the Wind (1939) .
- Some like it hot
“Well … nobody is perfect! – Well … nobody’s perfect! “
– replica of Osgood Fielding III ( Joe E. Brown ) in Some Like It Hot (1959) .
- Citizen Kane
” Rosebud ! – Rosebud! “
– replica of Charles Foster Kane ( Orson Welles ) in Citizen Kane (1941) .
- Die Hard
“Yippee-ki-yay, poor con! – Yippee-ki-yay motherfucker! “
– replica of John McClane ( Bruce Willis ) in the Die Hard film series ; this replica is repeated in almost every episode (since 1988) .
- Fight Club
“The first rule of the Fight Club is: It’s forbidden to talk about the Fight Club – The first rule about fight club is you do not talk about fight club. “
– replica of Tyler Durden ( Brad Pitt ) in Fight Club (1996) .
- Forest Gump
“Mom always said,” life is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you’re going to fall on “- Mama always said that you’re gonna get a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. “
– replica of Forrest Gump ( Tom Hanks ) in Forrest Gump (1994) .
- James Bond
“Bond … James Bond. “
– James Bond replica ( Sean Connery ) quoted for the first time in James Bond 007 vs. Dr. No (1962) .
” Vodka Martini , mixed with the shaker , not stirred – Vodka Martini, shaken, not stirred (in) . “
– replica of James Bond ( Sean Connery ) quoted for the first time (in this precise version) in Diamonds Are Eternal (1956) .
- Jurassic Park
“- God creates the dinosaurs. God destroys the dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs – God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
– Dinosaurs eat man. The woman inherits the land – Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth. 1 »
– replicas of D Dr. Ian Malcolm ( Jeff Goldblum ) and Ellie Sattler ( Laura Dern ) in Jurassic Park (1993) .
- The lethal Weapon
“I’m too old for all that crap! – I’m too old for this shit ( variant : “I’m past the age of this bullshit! – I’m too old for this … ). “
– replica Roger Murtaugh ( Danny Glover ) in the saga L’Arme fatal (1987-1998) .
- The good, the bad and the ugly
“You see, the world is divided into two categories: those who have a loaded pistol and those who dig. You’re digging – You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig 2 , 3 . “
– replica of Blondin, aka “The Good” ( Clint Eastwood ) in The good the brute and the ugly (1966) .
- The Godfather
” I’m going to make him an offer he can not refuse – I’m going to make him an offer he can not refuse. “
– replica of Vito Corleone ( Marlon Brando ) in The Godfather (1972) .
- Inspector Harry
“I know what you think:” Did he shoot six or just five? In fact, to tell you the truth, in all this mess, I lost count too. But this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful blower ever created in the world, a template to tear your head off. You only have to ask yourself one question: “Am I lucky? So, junk, are you or not? – I know what you’re thinking. ‘Did he fire six shots or only five?’ Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk? 4 , 3 . “
– replica of Harry Callahan ( Clint Eastwood ) in Inspector Harry (1971) .
- pulp Fiction
“The march of the virtuous is strewn with obstacles, which are the selfish enterprises which the work of the wicked endlessly brings forth. Blessed is he, the man of good will who in the name of charity is the shepherd of the weak he guides in the valley of shadow, death and tears because he is the guardian of his brother and the Providence of lost children. I will then slaughter an arm of terrible anger, a furious and frightful vengeance on the impious hordes who chase and destroy the sheep of God. And you will know why my name is Jehovah when the vengeance of the Almighty is upon you –The path of the righteous man is one of the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of the children. And I would strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name when I lay my vengeance upon thee. “
– replica of Jules Winnfield ( Samuel L. Jackson ) in Pulp Fiction (1994) .
- Sixth Sense
“I see people who are dead – I see dead people. “
– replica of Cole Sear ( Haley Joel Osment in Sixth Sense (1999) ).
” I am Spartacus! “
– Replica slaves when the Romans ask Spartacus ( Kirk Douglas ) to denounce, in Spartacus (1960) .
- Star Wars
“May the force be with you – May the force be with you “
– replica of several characters in the Star Wars saga , especially in Star Wars, episode IV: A New Hope (1977) .
” I am your father – I am your father 3 . “
– Darth Vader replica to Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) .
- Taxi driver
” Are you talking to me? – You talkin ‘to me? “
– replica of Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver (1976) .
” I’ll be back – I’ll be back “
– replica of the Terminator ( Arnold Schwarzenegger ) in the 1 st Terminator (1984) .
” Hasta la vista, baby “
– replica of the Terminator in Terminator 2: The Last Judgment (1991) .
- The Big Lebowski
“No one calls me Lebowski. You must eat yourself. My name is Le Duc, dude – Nobody calls me Lebowsky. You got the wrong guy. I’m the Dude, man. “
– replica of the Duke ( The Dude ) ( Jeff Bridges ) in The Big Lebowski (1998) .
” I’m the king of the world ! – I’m the king of the world! 5 »
– replica of Jack ( Leonardo DiCaprio ) in Titanic (1997) .
(Note: The Tontons flingueurs (1963) , or The Bronzés (1978) are dotted with cult replicas.)
- August 15th
“Damn, you blood and water all year long: the snow at Christmas and the sun in August and how they thank you, these ungrateful? By a whim of my two … sluts! “
– replica of Richard Berry to Jean-Pierre Darroussin and Charles Berling in the film August 15 (2001) , discovering that their women had abandoned them.
- Funny drama
“I said weird? How strange! “
– reply of Archibald Soper ( Louis Jouvet ) to Irwin Molyneux ( Michel Simon ) in Funny drama (1937) .
- Do not take the children of the good god for wild ducks
“I have good character, but I have the vengeful sword and the secular arm. The eagle will melt on the old nozzle 6 . “
– replica of Charles the Bold ( Bernard Blier ) in Do not take the children of the good god for wild ducks (1968) .
- Northern Hotel
” Atmosphere! Atmosphere! Do I have a mouth of atmosphere? “
– replica M me Raymonde ( Arletty ) Mr. Edmond ( Louis Jouvet ) in North Hotel (1938) .
- The big mop
“Thank you gentlemen, it was very good! It was very good ! […] You, you, it was good there. You, it was good … uh … well, it’s like this. Tell me, you, we have not heard you, we never hear you! You do not stop chatting; be careful, be very careful! Listen, I have a personal conception of the work, it is not triumphal enough, not proud enough!, Pride bloody! […] That’s all this stuff! It was not bad, it was very bad! That’s exactly! So let’s resume, on the 17th, hop! let’s go! “
– replica of Stanislas Lefort ( Louis de Funès ) in La Grande Vadrouille (1966) .
- The War of the Buttons
“If I would have known, I would not have come! “
– replica of “Little Gibus” ( Martin Lartigue ) in The War of the Buttons 7 (1962) .
“Ah! Well, now she’s going to walk a lot worse, of course! “
– replica of Antoine Maréchal ( Bourvil ) in Le Corniaud (1965) .
- The magnificent
“When I see a bee carrying the pollen of flowers in bloom and thus perpetuate life, I almost have tears in my eyes. “
– replica of Bob Sain-Clar ( Jean-Paul Belmondo ) to Tatiana ( Jacqueline Bisset ) in The Magnificent (1973) .
- Santa Clause is garbage
“Hello, Distress Friendship, Merry Christmas! 8 »
– replica of Pierre Mortez ( Thierry Lhermitte ) in Santa Claus is a junk (1982) .
- The Mist Quay
” You have beautiful eyes, you know. “
– replica of Jean ( Jean Gabin ) to Nelly ( Michèle Morgan ) in the Quai des Mists (1938) .
- The Bronzés ski
“Forget that you have no chance, go ahead, go for it! We never know, on a misunderstanding it can work. “
– replica of Jean-Claude Dusse ( Michel Blanc ) in Les Bronzés ski (1979) .
- The Valseuses
“We’re not there? … cool, laid-back acorn? “
– replica of Gerard Depardieu in Les Valseuses (1974) .
“But what is this binz ? “
– replica of Christian Clavier in Les Visiteurs (1993) .
“You crack my heart! “
– replica of Caesar ( Raimu ) in the scene of the card game of Marius (1931) .
- We will not grow old together
“You have never succeeded and you will never succeed. That’s all. And you know why ? Because you’re vulgar. Irremediately vulgar. And not only are you vulgar, but you’re more ordinary. […] Your only pride is your mediocrity 6 . “
– replica of Jean Yanne to Marlène Jobert in We will not grow old together (1972) .
“Police, handcuffs, prison! 9 »
– replica of Commissioner Gesberg ( Michel Galabru ) when he stops the Roller ( Jean-Hugues Anglade ) in Subway (1985) .
- A particular day
“This is not the tenant of the 6 th floor which is anti-fascist . Rather, the fascism that is anti-tenant 6 th floor. “
– replica of Gabriele ( Marcello Mastroianni ) in A particular day (1977) .
Cult Replicas on Television
- The last five minutes
“Good God, but it is of course! “
– Multiple replica Commissioner Bourrel ( Raymond Souplex ) in the television series French Five Last Minutes in his first series .
- The unknown
” It’s not our business ! “
– multiple replica of the Unknowns in the sketch parodying the emission Stage 2 , during the emission La Télé des Inconnus , on France 2 .
“Oh, but I miss all my homework. Do you want a whiskey?
– Oh, just a finger.
– But, you do not want a whiskey before? “
– final reply of Gérard Darmon to Chantal Lauby in the skit of the photo novel ” Nous Quatre “, during the show Les Nuls L’émission , on Canal + .
Notes and references
- ↑ ( in ) ” Jurassic Park (1993) Quotes ” [ archive ] on IMDb.com(accessed 27 July 2015).
- ↑ Random replicas … [ archive ] , on the site http://www.grand-ecart.fr [ archive ] (accessed 25 July 2015).
- ↑ a , b and c “The 100 replicas-cults of the history of cinema” [ archive ] , Jean-Laurent Cassely, Slate .fr , June 11, 2015 (accessed July 26, 2015).
- ↑ Random replicas … [ archive ] , on the site http://www.grand-ecart.fr [ archive ] (accessed 25 July 2015).
- ↑ ( in ) ” Titanic (1997) Quotes ” [ archive ] on IMDb.com (accessed 27 July 2015).
- ↑ a and b Random replicas … [ archive ] , on the site http://www.grand-ecart.fr [ archive ] (accessed July 25, 2015).
- ↑ This replica is not on the novel by Louis Pergaud whose film adaptation.
- ↑ “Replicas of Santa Claus is a junk” [ archive ] on the site http://cinelog.fr [ archive ] (accessed August 15, 2015).
- ↑ “Quote Prison & Police” [ archive ] Le Parisien .fr (accessed December 15, 2016).